Craft instructions and snack recipe in one. The nibbling cone can be reused and reloaded in the process, of course.
- Hand drill or cordless screwdriver
- Wood drill bit set (Ø 3/4/5/6/7/8/10mm)
- Japanese saw or similar.
- Mini – banksia
- Eyebolt 30mm (stainless steel)
- Chain quick release 3mm (stainless steel) or leather strap (remnant)
- Saw off the top end (stem base) of the banksia.
- Pre-drill this in the middle with a wood drill (Ø 3mm) approx. 2mm deep and screw in the eyebolt.
- 2 tablespoons grain feed
- 2 tsp herbs (to taste)
- 1 TSP. ground psyllium husks
- 2 tablespoons water
- Add psyllium husks to the water and stir.
- This approx. 5-10 min. sources let
- Add grain mixture and herbs, if desired, and mix well.
- Press the mixture all around thebanksia cone and smooth it out.
- Place the banksia cone in the oven at 120°C for approx. 20min. dry let
- Turn this over and cook again for approx. 20min. dry let
- Allow the finished banksia to cool and, if possible, air dry for some more time.