Warning – food ball

Although it may be tempting to fill this food ball with hay, lettuce or cob millet for the budgies, do not ignore the danger that this grid ball represents.

Unfortunately, it can happen far too easily that the budgies get their heads stuck in it when they try to get to the contents.

Warning - food ball

This is what happened to Moritz the budgie when he slipped while trying to reach the salad and got his head caught in the bars. Fortunately, he was able to free himself again independently, whereupon his owner of course immediately “disposed” of the food ball.

Another parakeet climbed into the food ball and couldn’t get out, so they had to force open the mesh ball.

➔ Other dangerous accessories

Leave a comment